So, the 3rd day of our Zhitomir archive trip was dedicated to making the photo-copies of the materials and documents we found there. It is really important thing in our Jewish Genealogy Research work. I will not spessially say about what exactly we made, but will try to explain how it goes in generally (I mean making of the photo-copies)
Well, to start doing something any researcher at the Ukrainian archives shoud wait for the next steps:
1. To recieve and work with the documents. This is understandable, I think. You can not just get into the archive and say: “Let me make a pictures))” It will not work at all. You are not at the US archives at all))
2. Determine the list of the pages which you need to photo. It should be done on a separate filling form.
3. Give the filling form for photo-copy to the archive workers. It should be signed by their boss. (sometimes it tikes up to several days))
4. After the sign is given to you – you need to PAY for making photo-copies. The price depends on the archive. In general, and in average it costs something about 15$ for DOCUMENT. But, the determination of the term “document” is really different and strage in all the archives. Sometimes it is just one page, sometimes it is a block of pages. It depends. And you need to be raedy for that.
5. After all, you can make pictures on your own camera. But, there is no any special room for that. Usually, there is not enough lite at all. And you can not use flash on your camera.